Business Development Manager
Who are we?
We’re a fast-growing Google award-winning technology company. We have three offices worldwide; our HQ is in Carlsbad, San Diego, USA and UK offices in Newcastle and Covent Garden, London. Here’s an opportunity to work for a world-leading company, right here in the heart of the beautiful North East.
Ezoic was founded in 2010 and was the first North American Certified Partner for Google Adsense as well as an inaugural member of the prestigious Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. Ezoic won the Google Business Innovation Award 2016 for our work on the ‘Ad Tester’ product.
We are a flat organization (we don’t do office politics and egos) and like to have fun and give our team members a lot of autonomy. We’re relaxed but hard-charging and aim to ‘move fast and break things’ (spot the quote). We are working on a unique business model and we value innovation, initiative and action.
We are growing our Team in Newcastle and are looking for smart, curious and committed people to join us.
What do we do?
We make websites better! Our machine learning technology is totally unique within the fast-growing digital publishing sector. We offer digital publishers (regardless of technical ability), the opportunity to use fully automated multivariate testing and machine learning technology to improve UX (user experience metrics) and ad earnings.
Learning what website users ‘like’ over time gives content websites a huge advantage over their competitors. They earn way more revenue, win more search traffic over time and become valuable partners in Ezoic’s mission to improve the web-browsing experience.
About the Job…?
The position involves contacting website owners, explaining the product and why they need it, bringing them in and managing problems as they arise. You’ll need to develop an intimate knowledge of the system, have persistence and focus to onboard new website owners and empathy to reassure them through the testing process. You will help them understand the product, with signing up, answering any queries they may have and support them in the early days and weeks using the platform, sometimes outside of office hours.
This post is full-time, based in the Newcastle’s famous Toffee Factory office in the trendy Ouseburn, and is open to those eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Specific tasks include:
- Contacting website owners via our in-house automated lead generation system.
- Working with the people you’ve contacted to help them understand the product and answer their questions.
- Assist new customers with signup and technical setup.
- Assist with customer support queries.
- Address any customer support issues once using the system.
- Feedback technical issues to technical team for swift resolution.
- Assist the Customer Team with the writing of knowledge base articles and contributing to marketing efforts generally.
- Become an expert in Ezoic’s world-beating content-intelligence platform.
What are we looking for from you?
Someone who is smart, excited to learn and needs to know that their contributions and ideas make a difference in this fast-growing company. You want to grow with us and are a natural go-getter. You are confident in expressing your opinion to really smart technical colleagues, bridging the gap between the product and client. Demonstrating an analytical bent, you are comfortable using data to analyze situations and help publishers understand what it means for them and their site(s). You are quick on the uptake, listen well, and you love to dig into the numbers. A tenacious problem-solver, you are someone for whom challenges excite rather than daunt. In short, you are looking for something other than a regular 9-5 and want to buy into the rough and tumble of a tech start-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn the system thoroughly so you can educate clients.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make assessments based on numerical data.
- Broad awareness of how the internet and websites work is an advantage, as is a knowledge of multivariate testing, online advertising and online publishing. However, full training will be given.
- Being a fast learner is vital to help you acquire the skills you need to succeed at Ezoic.
- Empathic, tenacious, stoical and robust personalities thrive in Ezoic.
- Being fun, full of energy and possessed of an optimistic outlook helps!
Interested but concerned you don’t have the right experience? Good news – experience in the online space is not essential as full training will be given, leading to recognized Google qualifications. However, you’ll need an enquiring mind, great communication skills, confidence in dealing with people, willingness to learn and a passion for interacting with the online world. You’ll care about our customers, be curious, patient, stoical and hard-working.
What’s in it for me?
Great pay (starting basic £22k with uncapped commission structure; realistic first year OTE £30-35k), potential for stock options and the chance to get in at the ground floor of an established fast-growing, profitable, VC-backed start-up with an incredible product. More broadly, you’ll get comprehensive training and learn the online publishing and advertising industry inside and out. You’ll gain recognized Google qualifications and work in a great, flexible and energizing office environment in Newcastle’s Ouseburn. Online publishing is a massive industry that is growing year on year and Ezoic is a great ticket in! Above all – you’ll enjoy the challenges, demands, freedoms and rewards that come from working in a fast-growing tech company. It’s hard work – but it’s a ton of fun too – ask any of the amazing people who work here!
How to apply:
If you like the sound of us, and think you are what we are looking for, send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com explaining why you want to work with us and why you are a good fit. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!