Who are we?
A VC-backed tech start up located in the Ouseburn in Newcastle, UK, with a HQ in San Diego, Ezoic’s team is world-class. The CEO and CCO both have successful track records in tech start-ups and our CTO really is a rocket scientist! Ezoic is a game-changing technology in the online publishing arena- it allows any website owner to use multivariate testing technology to improve their site’s usability and ad income. Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner – an elite company trusted by Google. We are a relaxed but fast-paced and efficient team. Everything we do is data driven and we are analytical people at heart.
Digital Media Business Development Executive
Who are you?
You are smart, excited to learn and want your contributions and ideas to make a difference. A natural go-getter who wants to grow with us you are confident in expressing your opinion to really smart technical colleagues and can bridge the gap between product and client. Demonstrating an analytical bent, you enjoy using using data to size-up situations and help publishers understand the opportunities for their business. You are quick on the uptake, listen well, and you love to dig into the numbers. A tenacious problem-solver, you are someone for whom challenges excite rather than daunt. In short, you are looking for something other than a regular 9-5 and want to buy into the excitement of a fast-growing tech start-up, in an environment that is not strait-jacketed by corporate promotion rules – and you want to do all of this in the beautiful North East of England.
What does the job entail?
You’ll prospect for new clients (using our proprietary system – full training will be given), and build relationships that stand the test of time. You’ll also support clients with any technical queries and contribute to the development of the overall product. As a start-up, the scope for your involvement is limited only by your imagination, drive and creativity. Everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas that will enhance any area of the business – from social media to marketing, from new feature sets to dashboard user experience (UX) – you will be rewarded for bringing fresh ideas to the team!
Specific tasks include:
- Become an expert in using Ezoic’s world beating content-intelligence platform.
- Learn about and become proficient in Google’s online publisher tools, achieving qualifications along the way.
- Contact website owners via our in-house automated lead generation system.
- Contact and educate digital publishers about Ezoic’s platform.
- Assist new customers with signup and technical setup.
- Support clients by liaising with our in-house tech team.
- Build strong, enduring client relationships.
- Assist with social media content generation and marketing efforts generally as part of the team.
What skills, knowledge and qualities does Ezoic need from you?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn the system thoroughly so you can educate clients.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make assessments based on numerical data.
- Broad awareness of how the internet and websites work is an advantage, as is a knowledge of multivariate testing, online advertising and online publishing. However, full training will be given.
- Being a fast learner is vital to help you acquire the skills you need to succeed at Ezoic.
- Empathic, tenacious, stoical and robust personalities thrive in Ezoic.
- Being fun, full of energy and possessed of an optimistic outlook helps!
Interested but concerned you don’t have the right experience? Good news – experience in the online space is not essential as full training will be given, leading to recognized Google qualifications. However, you’ll need an enquiring mind, great communication skills, confidence in dealing with people, willingness to learn and a passion for interacting with the online world. You’ll care about our customers, be curious, patient, stoical and hard-working.
What’s in it for me?
Great pay (starting basic £22k with uncapped commission structure), potential for stock options and the chance to get in at the ground floor of a fast growing, VC-backed start-up with an incredible product. More broadly, you’ll get comprehensive training and learn the online publishing and advertising industry inside and out. You’ll gain recognized Google qualifications and work in a great, flexible and energizing office environment in Newcastle’s Ouseburn. Online publishing is a massive industry that is growing year on year and Ezoic is a great ticket in! Above all – you’ll enjoy the challenges, demands, freedoms and rewards that come from working in a fast-growing tech company. It’s hard work – but it’s fun too
How to apply:
If you like the sound of us, and think you are what we are looking for, send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you want to work with us and why you are a good fit.