EZOIC = A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Ezoic’s UK Headquarter (which we call our Newcastle-upon-Tyne office) is located on the South shore of the mighty River Tyne in the Gateshead Quayside regeneration area – home to many high-tech and design companies. Our offices in the spectacular and modern Northern Design Centre are open, spacious, and easy to reach by public transport and great road links.
Inside our modern, well-lit offices, our team members work at sit-stand desks with multiple monitors on the very latest specification computers. We have bean-to-cup coffee machines, snacks, and catered weekly lunches. In our separate recreation room, we have a fitted kitchen, retro video games, VR headset, dartboard, and competition-size pool and ping-pong tables, as well as a chill-out area with sofas and beanbags.
We have loads of local pubs, cafes, and restaurants within easy reach, such as The Central, The Schooner, and By the River Brew (a creative community that uses repurposed shipping containers as their premises). Over the Millenium Bridge, the options continue with The Bridge, the Redhouse (17th Century pub serving the.best.pies.ever!), The Cycle Hub, The Kiln, The Tyne Bar (one of the best music venues in the North East), Brinkburn Street, Tyne Bank breweries, Pitcher and Piano, Free Trade Inn, and The Cumberland Arms. We are also only a few minutes walk to a climbing gym and Crossfit in the Ouseburn Valley, a vibrant area where you can enjoy local music and food events.
The Ultilita Arena (formerly the O2 Metro Arena), iLife Centre, and Norman Foster-designed ‘The Sage’ concert and events hall are all really close by. The Metro Centre in Gateshead has great shopping and St. James’ Park, the home of the famous ‘Magpies’ Premier League Newcastle United Football Club, is easy to get to from our office. Markets, museums, and art galleries abound; it’s so vibrant, it feels like the capital city of the North!
We are within 7-minutes walk of Gateshead metro station, which connects to the wider Tyneside area and national rail services. Our office is also close to national and local cycle routes and is only 15 minutes from Newcastle International Airport.
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and Gateshead have the second-highest number of renovated Victorian accommodations outside of London and are also among the towns with the most sunshine and lowest rainfall in the UK. Many of our team members live within trendy nearby districts, such as Heaton, Sandyford, Gosforth, Jesmond, and Gateshead Quays. Award-winning beaches, Northumberland National Park, and the Cheviot Hills are all within 20 minutes.
Basically, it’s a truly fabulous place in which to live and work.
Ezoic is continuing to grow each month. We offer our diverse group of team members real autonomy over their work and personal life. We focus on data-driven execution with no bureaucracy, office politics, or anything else that doesn’t make sense.
The following career opportunities are available in our Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK office, located in the Northern Design Centre.
Publisher Success Support Executive
Learn more about this role
Who are we?
Ezoic is a venture capital-backed technology startup specialising in A.I and machine learning software for digital publishers. Our HQ is in Carlsbad, San Diego, USA and our UK offices are in Newcastle and London.
Ezoic was founded in 2010 and was the first North American Certified Partner for Google Adsense as well as an inaugural member of the prestigious Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. Ezoic won the Google Business Innovation Award 2016 for our work on the ‘Ad Tester’ product. We have recently received a $33 million investment from growth firm Sageview Capital for research and development.
We are a flat organization and like to have fun and give our team members a lot of autonomy and freedom to think creatively. We are working on a unique business model and we prize innovation and action. You will have a say in the goals you want to progress towards and the projects you want to run.
What do we do?
Our machine learning technology is totally unique within the fast-growing digital publishing sector. We offer digital publishers (regardless of technical ability), the opportunity to use fully automated A.I and machine learning technology to improve visitor experience metrics and revenue on their websites.
A typical web publisher may spend anywhere up to 50% of their resources managing ads and other aspects of infrastructure such as SSL, site speed and privacy; Ezoic frees up time and capital for publishers by focusing on these areas and providing a streamlined and integrated solution which enhances overall website health.
Who are you?
We’re looking for smart, curious, and committed individuals to join our diverse team in Newcastle. You’ll be a self-starter, quick and eager to learn and make a difference in this fast-growing company. You’ll be confident in expressing your opinion and comfortable using data to analyse problems. The ability to understand and empathize with publishers is key; you’ll be able to communicate with clients and colleagues both clearly and with nuance where appropriate, adapting to the demands of different situations, making complex and technical information absorbable. You are someone for whom challenges excite rather than daunt. In short, you are looking for something other than a regular 9-5 and want to buy into the rough and tumble of a tech start-up.
Coding skills are not required but a demonstrable interest in the online space and the role technology plays in our world is vital.
About the Job
We are looking for candidates to fill the Publisher Success Analyst role at our office in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. Our Newcastle offices at the Northern Design Centre are a stone’s throw away from the colourful character and cultural vibrancy of the city’s quayside, which reflects the proud industrial history of the North East.
Our goal is to provide industry-leading support to digital publishers. Our team currently exceeds industry benchmarks and we aim to continue improving our ability to meet SLA targets and find new avenues to improve publisher experience, whilst meeting the demands of this fast growing industry and quickly developing platform at Ezoic.
You’ll support new and existing clients with configuration, solving technical issues, answering inbound queries, and educating publishers about the Ezoic system.
- Communicate with publishers using all available channels, including but not limited to our CRM, email, and telephone
- Triage inbound communication to the appropriate teams and by urgency, subject, and site size
- Compose engaging and informative knowledge base articles about how to use the Ezoic system to help publishers provide a better user experience on their websites
- CRM maintenance and customisation
- Submit technical bugs using the in-house reporting system
- Study for and pass MCM and NPM exams required as part of the Google Certified Publishing Partnership
- Monitor and filter the Ezoic community forum
- Monitor and reach out to sites which remove integration from the platform
- Review sites for suitability for use with the Ezoic platform
- Visit and review website layouts using the in-house tool provided
Additional Functions and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Activities to achieve core functions
- Activities identified that contribute to the overall success of the business
- Assist Publisher team members as directed by MD
- Contribute to training new team members
- Contribute to organising cover rotations
- Support MD UK in general office duties as directed by MD
- Work within the principles of “self organisation”
Opportunities for progression within the Analyst team include but are not limited to:
- Expert subject specialisms
- Metrics and KPI monitoring
- Quality assurance
- Training Coordination
What additional benefits are there to working at Ezoic?
- Basic salary plus a commission plan
- Coaching and support to aid personal and professional development
- Free staff lunch once a week
- Flexible working: we value our colleagues’ integrity – we trust you to organise your own working day to suit your needs and the requirements of the role
- Free snacks/beer/drinks etc.
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Paid holiday and sickness days
- Private medical insurance (after a probationary period)
This is a permanent, full-time position. Working hours are typically 9am-5.30pm, or 8.30am-5pm, and you must be available to work any 5 days out of 7 per week on a rotation basis. Salary is competitive.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Managing Director, Mike McGuire, or apply via Indeed.co.uk.
Business Development Manager
Learn more about this role
About the Role:
The position involves contacting website owners, educating them on the product and why they need it, nurturing them and helping them manage problems as they arise. You’ll need to develop a deep knowledge of the system, have persistence and focus to onboard new website owners and empathy to reassure them through the testing process. You’ll communicate with confidence, focus and the ability to reassure all stakeholders through the artificial intelligence adoption process. You will support them in the early days and weeks using the platform, sometimes outside of office hours.
This post is full-time, based in Newcastle’s famous Toffee Factory office in the trendy Ouseburn regeneration area, and is open to those eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Specific tasks include:
- Building a solid pipeline and book of business by contacting website owners via our in-house automated lead generation and CRM systems.
- Educating prospects on the benefits of testing.
- Explaining to experienced publishers why Ezoic’s method is better than their current setup.
- Adding value and developing publisher understanding by assisting with support queries.
- Assisting new publishers to interpret results and resolve any misconceptions.
- Feeding technical issues back to the technical team for swift resolution.
- Support team members with calls and onboarding publishers as required.
- Contribute to Ezoic’s ongoing development in various functions including product development, marketing, operations, support, partnerships and more
Ideal Candidate for the role:
You are smart, excited to learn and want your contributions and ideas to make a difference in this fast-growing company. You are probably a top-level graduate (or soon-to-be!) from a good university with an interest in launching your career in the tech sector. You may already have shown real success in previous/current sales type roles; in either case, you strive for excellence in all areas of your life.
You take the long-term view and look for opportunities to contribute to Ezoic’s growth and development. As a natural go-getter, great communicator with exceptional analytical ability to translate data into actions and results, you excel at building relationships, listen well and are a determined problem-solver, and are resilient under pressure.
In short, you see challenges as exciting opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills, are looking for something other than a regular 9-5 and want to buy into the rough and tumble of a mature tech start-up. You’re not a square, and you don’t belong in a cubicle!
Desired Skills / Experience:
- High Classification Degree from a good university, or an acceptable combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of Sales/customer facing experience (preferably in Digital Publishing or online advertising)
- Knowledge of the online advertising / online publishing spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals
- Experience with Google Analytics or other Publishing products is a plus
- Enthusiastic, positive and energized personality
- Exceptional communication abilities, written and verbal
- Team first approach
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, driving thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
What’s in it for you?
- Great basic salary, plus uncapped commission plan (realistic first year OTE £35-40k)
- Shares Options
- Private medical insurance (after probationary period)
- Relaxed, flexible working environment as part of a smart, diverse team
- Recognized Google Qualifications
- Experience in a fast-growing industry sector
- Complete autonomy in how you approach your work
- Snacks/drinks/weekly staff lunches etc.
- Unlimited vacation (we believe in productivity not presenteeism – time away from your desk is not tracked – your results are!)
- Family- and dog-friendly environment!
How to apply:
Send applications and resumes to email@example.com with the Subject: Business Development